Art Journaling | New College Courses

Art Journaling

Day and Time Start Date Duration Fee Course Code
Thur 6:30-8:30pm 2-Nov 6 weeks £85.00 LE6364

Develop an amazing creative habit during 6 weeks of art journaling workshops. You will embark on a path of daily creativity in a fun and experimental way. Try out different approaches to art.  With top tips on tools and techniques these workshops will inspire you to fill your journal pages with amazing art, gaining confidence in your drawing and making new friends along the way.

Who is the course for?

This course is for anyone who would like to create their own diary with a difference. The basic techniques will be taught, that will start your journey into your own creative diary.  This course is suitable for everyone, no drawing skills are required.

What is the course about?

You will build basic skills in:

• drawing
  • block printing
  • collage
  • creative lettering

Do I need to bring anything?

Bring with you whatever you may have collected at home, from biros (different colours) to felt tip pens (a range of nib sizes if you have them), pencil crayons and fountain pens, as we will experiment with using different types of tools.

As a guide, I like to use:

• Derwent fine-liner pens – a set with a range of sizes from 0.05 to 0.8
  • Any rollerball pens
  • Coloured pencils – I like Derwent watercolour pencils and Derwent Coloursoft pencils but any that you have will be fine. Don’t splash out. You can buy cheap sets in the £ shops
  • Felt tip pens – from kid’s sets - £1 from Wilko/Poundland to a set of coloured Sharpies
  • Pencil sharpener, if you have one
  • Fluorescent markers are fun to use but not essential

Workbook for the workshops I would recommend bringing a simple, cheap workbook, preferably A4 in size (8.5 x 11”, 210 x 300cm) with blank pages

• Biros in a range of colours – green, red, blue, black or any other colours
  • Fountain pen – I use one with black ink cartridges of soluble ink
  • I like using a dip pen too, with Indian ink, which is water resistant – but this isn’t essential

Later in the course we’ll look at using printing blocks and collaging. I will bring those and we can discuss beforehand if you’ve got anything at home you could bring too.

We also ask that you take the time to read our policy on cancellation and refund of course fees. These can be found on the college website, or in the part time course brochure.