This qualification delivers the skills and essential knowledge to manage books effectively. It includes manual double entry bookkeeping, and associated documents and processes, up to Trial Balance standard. Most students will start at Foundation level and once achieved, can be used as a fast track route to the AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3).
Please note, the course is challenging. During the first session you will register with the AAT and be given a guided tour of the various resources available on the AAT website including mock assessments. We highly recommend that you make full use on-line resources and practice tests.
- AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3).
- Careers as: Clerical Assistant, Trainee Bookkeeper, Accounts Clerk, Finance Assistant or Accounts Administrator.
- You must be operating at minimum of Level 1 in Numeracy and Literacy in order to complete this qualification.
- You must be comfortable with maths and the use of numbers
- The qualification consists of two main modules, Bookkeeping Transactions and Bookkeeping Controls.
Timings and Assessments
- 12 weeks
- Tuesdays, 6.00 pm until 9.00 pm
- Starts Tuesday 19th September
- There are two on-line exams which you must pass.
Costs and Resources
- Includes registration with AAT
- We recommend you purchase the AAT Course Book to supplement your studies. Details will be available during the first session.
- Funding for the entire course is available to those who work in key sectors. To find out if you’re eligible, please ask a member of the team or refer to page 11 in the Part Time Courses Brochure.
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
- For further information about this course please contact a member of the Fast Forward Team on 01793 732892 or email: FastForward@newcollege.ac.uk